The integrated PhoneGap App Builder allows developers to easily build native, hybrid mobile applications from within Alpha Anywhere.
- Getting Started with PhoneGap
Building native mobile applications with Alpha Anywhere and PhoneGap.
- PhoneGap Component Templates
PhoneGap UX component templates provide a foundation for using specific PhoneGap plugins to build sophisticated PhoneGap mobile apps
- Working with Files in PhoneGap Applications
PhoneGap plugins with built-in integration support in Alpha Anywhere.
- PhoneGap / Cordova CLI Builder
Alpha Anywhere includes a CLI build option in the PhoneGap App Builder. Support is provided for Android builds on a Windows PC and iOS builds on a Mac.
- Current Hot Topics : PhoneGap Build And Mobile Development
These hot topics impact development with the latest releases of PhoneGap for Android and iOS Mobile development.
- Set the PhoneGap Ajax Callback URL Dynamically at Runtime
When you build a PhoneGap application you have to specify the URL for Ajax callbacks in the PhoneGap genie.
- Manage Mobile Apps with Apperian EASE
PhoneGap applications can be published directly to the Apperian EASE platform. The Apperian EASE platform can secure, manage and deploy enterprise mobile apps for all platforms.
- Data Integration with PhoneGap
Integrating SQLite and working with the Client-side Data Cache in PhoneGap Applications
- PhoneGap App Builder - Icons and Splash Screens
Automatically build splash screens and 9-patch images for iOS and Android PhoneGap applications using Alpha Anywhere.
- PhoneGap - Index.HTML Meta Tags
When you build a PhoneGap app, a new option in the PhoneGap builder now allows you to insert custom META tags in the index.html file that is generated for your PhoneGap app. A common use case for this feature is to turn off iOS auto-detection of phone numbers and email addresses.
- Instant Update
Instant Update is a feature you can include in your mobile apps, allowing you to issue simple update without needing to re-submit your app to app stores.
- UX Component - PhoneGap Applications - Setting Default Properties for the PhoneGap Genie
When you build a PhoneGap application it is critical that you turn on all of the required plug-ins for your application in the PhoneGap Build Project Settings genie.
- PhoneGap Builder: iOS Storyboards and Android 9 Patch images
Storyboards and 9 Patch images are used by newer versions of iOS and Android for launch images.
- Troubleshooting PhoneGap Issues
Common issues and how to solve them.
- Usage Descriptions for Plugins
Usage descriptions can be added to the PhoneGap config file, which can be used to add xml directly to the iOS Info.plist file and Android AndroidManifest.xml files.
- PhoneGap User Defined Plugin Library Manager
The PhoneGap Builder includes a User Defined Plugin Library Manager that allows the developer to include any PhoneGap plugin that is publicly available from GitHub, NPM or the (now deprecated) PhoneGap Plugin Repository.
If you have a lot of applications in PhoneGap build, retrieving the app icon for each app can be slow; because the PhoneGap build API does not have a call to retrieve all the icons at once. You then have to call the API once for each app. Setting the Get Icon Timeout Threshold property to , will cause a default icon to be used.