- How to add Animation Effects to Client-side Show/Hide Expressions
Client-side show/hide expressions can be defined to dynamically display controls in a component. An animation effect can be applied when the control's display changes.
- How to Change Button Text at Run-Time
- How to Close the Popup Window Displaying a Component Embedded in an a5w Page
- How to Configure an Amazon S3 Bucket
Amazon S3 Buckets can be used to store files, such as images or documents. S3 Buckets can also be used with AlphaLaunch to host application installation files.
- How To Configure Source Control to Ignore Alpha Anywhere Files
Some files and directories in an Alpha Anywhere workspace can be excluded from source control.
- How to Copy Code Libraries from Older Versions of Alpha Anywhere
Code Libraries from older versions of Alpha Anywhere can be copied into the current version of Alpha Anywhere. This is done by copying the Code Libraries from the older version of Alpha Anywhere to the directory where Code Libraries are stored in the current version of Alpha Anywhere.
- How to download a Sample App from the Alpha Anywhere GitHub Repository
Several sample applications are available from the Alpha Anywhere GitHub repository. This article explains how to find and download a sample application and open it in Alpha Anywhere.
- How to Extract the Value from a URI Query String
- How to Dynamically Set the Client-side Mask
- How to Execute Scripts on a Repeating Schedule
Scripts can be executed on a reoccurring schedule in desktop applications.
- How to implement comma_to_crlf honoring delimiters
The comma_to_crlf function does not take into account quoted delimiters.
- How to Programmatically Enable and Disable Buttons
Buttons in a UX component can be enabled and disbled using the button object's setDisabled() method.
- How to make a Checkbox Readonly
Learn how client-side enable expressions can be used to disable a checkbox, making it readonly.
- How to Dynamically Recalculate a Page Layout, Tabbed UI or UX Component at Run-time
If overrides have been defined for a Page Layout, Tabbed UI, or UX Component using the 'override_settings' property on the page the component is embedded, the component needs to recalculate the affected controls.
- How to Reference Component Definition Properties in Xbasic
- How to run a Component or Report in a User Defined Ajax Callback or <%a5..%> Code Block
Components and reports can be dynamically run using Xbasic in an Ajax Callback.
- How to Simulate the 'click' Event for a Control
Event handlers can be added for control events -- click, double tap, on key press, etc. In some cases, it may be necessary to trigger a control's event, such as the click event. This can be done by getting a pointer to the control and calling a function to simulate the click.
- How to add Keyboard Shortcuts to a Tabbed UI Interface
The Tabbed UI component is a great way to navigate an application. You can assign keyboard shortcuts to buttons in a Tabbed UI that launch components.