- How to Annotate Data Bound Images
Images in a Data Bound UX Component can be annotated using the Ink control.
- How to Change a Control's Label at Runtime
- How to Programmatically Set the Min and Max Value for a Slider Control
The minimum and maximum value for a two-value Slider Control can be set programmatically at run-time.
- How to Store Data in Local Storage Using Client-side Data Cache
Learn how to use the Client-side Data Cache to download and store data in Local Storage in Cordova applications.
- How to Create Your Own UX Component Template
You can create your own templates for the UX Component.
- How to Create Add-in Controls
Custom controls can be created and added to the Alpha Anywhere environment or the UX Component.
- How to Customize the Ink Overlay
The Ink control's "overlay" is used to display the tools in the Ink editor. You can add your own tools to this overlay for editing Ink.
- How to Define a Hyperlink in a Client-side Template
Client-side template syntax is used in Lists, FormView, and ViewBox controls to define the control's layout. If you want to include hyperlink in the template definition, you must stop the hyperlink HTML element's click event from bubbling up to the top-level control.
- How to Display a Wait Message While a Large App is Loading
Large apps can take a long time to load the first time the user opens the app. This can give the appearance to your users that the app has hung or is non-responsive. You can resolve this issue by displaying a loading message to the user.
- How to Populate a Dropdown Box Using the Client-side Data Cache in Cordova Applications
Dropdown boxes can be populated with data from the Client-side data cache at run-time.
- How to Find Controls in a Large UX Component
The Quick Find Genie is useful for finding controls in components with a large number of controls.
- How to Eliminate Vertical Space when Controls are Hidden in a UX Component
When a show/hide client-side expression hides a container in a UX Component, some vertical whitespace may still appear on the page. It can be eliminated by using the "Prevent container float" property.
- Manually Inserting UX Component Data into a DBF Using Xbasic
In this example we will save some UX Component contents to a DBF database record. First we will need to create a DBF table to store the data. Create a new DBF table in the control panel and add the following fields:
- Manually Inserting UX Component Data into a SQL Database Using Xbasic
Xbasic can be used to manually submit data collected using the UX Component to a SQL database. This example demonstrates how this can be done.
- How to set an Argument's Value at Run-time in a UX Component
Arguments are server-side variables you can create in components and use in database queries, populate default values, and more. Learn how to change an argument's value at run-time using callbacks.
- How to set the Background of an Ink Control
You can set the background image shown in the ink control to anything you want - either by specifying the URL or the base64 encoded data for an image.
- How to Store Data for Offline Access Using Local Storage, IndexedDB, or a Device's File System
Data can be stored offline in several locations depending on the application type.