Type as C = Get_Source_type(C Filename[,L getLocation])
The name of table file.
Returns the type of source the table is - Native, ODBC , Native-Encrypted.
The TABLE.GET_SOURCE_TYPE() method returns the type of table referenced by DBF_Filename. Possible types are:
- Native : Native Alpha Anywhere table
- ODBC : ODBC table (i.e. the .dbf file is a link table that references an ODBC data source.
The "Native" type can be further qualified with these sub-types:
- Shadowed : Table is a shadow to a different table. i.e. the table was created by a Network Optimize command.
- Encrypted : Table is encrypted.
- Private : Table is encrypted with a private key.
Test the type of a shadow table.
? table.get_source_type("c:\a5\shadow\invoice\customer.dbf") -> "Native-Shadowed"
Test the type of an ODBC table.
? table.get_source_type("c:\a5\data\customer_link.dbf") -> "ODBC"