Returns a pointer to the table object that contains the data referenced by the object.
The <OBJECT>.TABLE_GET() method applies to:
- Browses (for <OBJECT> use either the <BROWSE> pointer or the name of the browse)
- Browse Columns (for <OBJECT> use the address of the column or a pointer to the column)
- Forms (for <OBJECT> use either the <FORM> pointer or the name of the form)
- Form Controls (for <OBJECT> use the address of the control or a pointer to the control)
- Fields (for <OBJECT> use a pointer to the field)
The <OBJECT>.TABLE_GET() method returns the table object pointer to the table that contains the data referenced by the <OBJECT> object pointer.
This script returns the name of the table for the field pointer " fld ".
dim tbl as P dim fld as P dim table_pointer as P dim table_name as C tbl = table.current() 'get a pointer to the first_name field fld = tbl.first_name.this table_pointer = fld.table_get() table_name = table_pointer.name_get()
dim tptr as P tptr = Customer_Information:browse1.Table_Get() ? tptr.name_get() = "CUSTOMER"
Desktop applications only.