- Array Methods
- /documentation/pages/Ref/Api/Objects/Data Types/Array/index.xmlMethods available for objects dimmed as arrays.
- Xbasic Arrays
- /documentation/pages/Ref/Xbasic/Xbasic_Arrays.xmlTo store a series of data values of the same data type together under the same variable name, declare the variable as an array. Arrays are useful for collecting and processing lists of information. They must be explicitly defined with the *[xb:DIM]* statement before they are used. The declaration must include the Array Size which is the maximum number of data elements the array will contain.
- Xbasic Help Pages
- /documentation/pages/Index/Xbasic Help Pages.xml[The Xbasic Programming Environment]
- About SQL
- /documentation/pages/Guides/Databases/Working with SQL/About SQL.xmlThe language that you use to talk to an AlphaDAO back-end database is SQL. The two most common types of SQL commands that you will want to send to your database are commands that returns a set of records (do not confuse the use of the word "set" here with Alpha Anywhere's Set object) and commands that update, delete, or insert records into the database.
- About Forms and Browses
- /documentation/pages/Guides/Desktop/Design/View/Form/About Forms and Browses.xmlMuch of the ease of use and simplicity of Alpha Anywhere comes from the fact that forms and browses are bound to tables or sets. A form allows you to view a single record from a table. A browse displays multiple records. Schematically, they are illustrated below.
- Testing and Using an Xbasic Class
- /documentation/pages/Guides/Xbasic/Xbasic Classes/Testing and Using an Xbasic Class.xmlIn general, it's good to test Xbasic code of any sort first in an Interactive window. When you find good sequences for testing, you can copy them into Xbasic scripts, along with notes about the expected output. Your Xbasic scripts can easily include code to set up and tear down test databases.
- About Indexes, Queries, and Ranges
- /documentation/pages/Guides/Desktop/Design/Data/DBF/About Indexes, Queries, and Ranges.xmlThis guide covers when to use indexes and queries, index files vs index tags, the components of an index tag, important index procedures, important query procedures, and more.
- About ListTables and ListTablesWithTypes
- /documentation/pages/Ref/Api/Namespace/SQL/Connection/About ListTables and ListTablesWithTypes.xmlListTables and ListTablesWithTypes are overloaded to accept a single object of type SQL::TableFilter, as opposed to having to list out a series of logical values as individual arguments.
- How to Reference Component Definition Properties in Xbasic
- /documentation/pages/HowTo/Other/Reference component definition properties.xml
- Array Functions
- /documentation/pages/Ref/Api/Functions/Data Type/Array Functions/index.xmlArray methods and support functions.