Convert Data Source to SQL Database
Convert a List based on static data to a SQL data source or vice versa seamlessly with the Convert Data Source genie.
The Convert Data Source to SQL Database is very useful for converting static data into an SQL table or database (or vice versa.) You can, for example, create some static data using JSON and then convert that data into an SQL table that can be stored in a SQL database, such as the Northwind database.
Data can also be converted from a SQL data source to static data. This makes it easier to quickly generate data for prototyping a List.
When you convert the data source from static to SQL, the following options are available:
- You can connect your List to an existing table in the SQL database or you can create a new table in the SQL database.
- If connecting to an existing table you specify a map showing how the fields in the List are mapped to fields in the existing SQL table. The genie will automatically generate the SQL select statement for the SQL data source.
- If creating a new table in the SQL database you specify if the existing data in the static data source should be exported to the new SQL table. You also specify the structure of the new table that the Genie will create and you can specify if the genie should overwrite an existing table when creating the new table.
When you convert the data source from SQL to Static, the following options are available:
- You can specify if the data in the SQL table should be imported into the Static data for the List data source.
- If you specify that data should be imported, you can specify the maximum number of rows to import and you can specify if the data should be imported as a CR-LF delimited string, or as a JSON string.
The links below contain additional information about configuring the genie for converting data between Static and SQL data sources.