- How to Capture and Restore the List's Scroll Position
Refreshing data in a list can sometimes cause it also reset it's scroll position. You can restore the List's scroll position by capturing the position before refreshing or performing some operation on the List and restore the scroll position after the operation completes with a few lines of code.
- How to Consume Complex JSON Data in a List
Learn how to work with complex hierarchical JSON data in a List control.
- How to Convert a List Control Between a Static and SQL Data Source
Learn how a List Control based on static data can be quickly converted to use a SQL database.
- How to Dynamically Populate List Columns and Data
A List control can be dynamically repopulated with data from different tables.
- How to Export Data in a List Control to Excel or Ascii Format
- How to Handle Write Conflicts in a List Control Programmatically
When synchronizing a List control with a Detail View, write conflicts can be resolved programmatically instead of letting the user decide what should happen.
- How to Refresh List Data with "Pull-to-Refresh"
Pulling a page down past the top of the page is a common method for triggering a refresh of a web page or application. This action can be added to mobile applications to refresh data in a List Control.
- How to add Search Highlighting to the List Control
Search Highlighting can be added to the List Control, making it easier for users to see the fields that matched the search criteria.
- How to Search for multiple Logical values in a List Control
Adding checkboxes to search logical fields in a List control's Search Part may not behave as you expect. A better method is to use dropdownboxes.
- How to Use the FormView Control to Edit Large Records
If a List's Detail View has large number of fields, using individual controls to edit the data can cause a significant performance hit. Using the FormView control offers a faster alternative, capable of scaling to hundreds of fields with minimal impact on load times.