- How to Add Server-side Event Handlers to the Web2Cal Calendar to Respond to Event Changes
Event handlers can be added to the Web2Cal Calendar when an event is added, edited, moved, or deleted.
- Changing the Locations of the Parts of a Grid Component in an A5W Page
When you create a grid component with search and detail view parts and then place the grid onto an A5W page, you will see something like the following.
- How to Create and Read Cookies
Cookies can be created and read using the Context object.
- How to Create 'node' Folders in a Web Application
In order to call node services from your web application in server-side Xbasic, you must publish node services in a specific folder in your web project.
- How to optimize an A5W page for SEO
- How to Perform an Ajax Callback on an A5W Page
This document describes how you can do an Ajax callback from a hand-coded .a5w page in Alpha Anywhere.
- How to Install a Node Module and Call it from a Node Service in a Web Application
Node modules can be downloaded and used in Alpha Anywhere web applications.
- How to List All Cookies for a Web Application
Listing cookies in a web application can be done using the Context.Request.Cookies object.
- How to Make RESTful API Calls
Xbasic offers quite a number of functions and methods for using the HTTP protocol to make various requests from web servers. Sending a RESTful request to a web service is becoming increasingly popular, but is not always as straightforward a s requesting a simple resource from a web server.
- How to Send a POST Request with a Specific Content-type Header Using HTTP_FETCH()
The content type cannot be set when using HTTP_POST() to POST data to a server. If the server expects a different Content-type header, HTTP_FETCH() can be used instead.
- How to Omit HTML for Parts of a Component Embedded in an .a5w page
Individual portions of a component are emitted separately when embedded in an A5W page. You can omit portions of the component -- such as the Page Title for a UX Component or the Detail View for a Grid Component.
- How to Return Binary Data from a Node Service
A node service can return binary data to an Xbasic script using optional attachments sent using the sendResponse() callback function.
- How to Return Status Codes from Ajax Callbacks
You can manually set the status code in an Ajax response.
- How to Preserve State Information
Web applications are inherently stateless. In practical application, however, you need to preserve state.
- How to write a socket server in Xbasic
Below is a very basic server that you could expand to use multiple sockets and threads as required. It should give you a good starting point on how to use sockets in Xbasic. It does not implement any specific protocol on top of the sockets: that is left to you.