There are several categories of Character functions.
- Character Addition Functions
Functions to paste strings together.
- Character Case Functions
Functions to test and manipulate the case of characters.
- Character Encoding for Web Pages
ASCII Control Characters, Non-ASCII Characters, Reserved Characters, and Unsafe Characters.
- Common Character Functions
Some examples of common character functions and some guidance in using them.
- Character Comparison Functions
Functions to compare whole or partial strings.
- Character Conversion Functions
Functions to convert other data types to strings.
- Character Counting Functions
Functions to count elements in strings.
- Character Extraction Functions
Functions to extract substrings from larger strings.
- Formatting Functions
Functions to format strings.
- Character HTML Functions
String functions relating to html output.
- List Processing Functions
List processing functions available in Alpha Anywhere.
- More Character Functions
Some character functions and a brief description on how to use them.
- Regular Expression Functions
Functions for creating and using regular expressions
- Character Replacement Functions
Replace elements in a string.
- Character Search Functions
Search for elements in a string.
- Character Sort Functions
Sort elements in a string.