- Putting a Conditional Sub-report on a Letter
/pages/Guides/Desktop/Design/View/Letter/Putting a Conditional Sub-report on a Letter.xml
The following example shows how to put a sub-report, which containing variable content, on a letter only when specific conditions are met.
The first step is to define the sub-report, which in this case is named "foursomes". This sub-report displays the data from the table FOURSOMES, which is sorted by the foursome field. The result is the firstname and lastname fields from the records that have the same foursome value.
- Manually Inserting UX Component Data into a DBF Using Xbasic
/pages/HowTo/UX/Saving Dialog Contents to a DBF.xml
In this example we will save some UX Component contents to a DBF database record. First we will need to create a DBF table to store the data. Create a new DBF table in the control panel and add the following fields:
- How to Display a QR Code in a Report
/pages/HowTo/Reports/Display QR Code in Reports.xml
You can generate and display QR codes in reports using a variety of methods.
- Run a report that is embedded in a UX component using a custom filter for the report
Create a highly customized 'Search Part' for a Report. Allows you to submit a UX component that
contains 'search' fields to compute a filter expression and then run the report using the computed filter expression.
- Importing a Layout as a Starting Point for a New Report
/pages/Guides/Report/Getting Started/Importing a Layout as a Starting Point..xml
If you have already created a form or browse, you can use it to create a report. The following example creates a report from the CustomerBrowse browse in the AlphaSports sample database.
- Grid Component - Opening a UX from a Button on a Grid and Passing Information Into the UX
/pages/Server/Guide/Design/View/Grid/Opening a UX from a Button on a Grid and Passing Information Into the UX.xml
- Creating a Script to Print a Report for a Selected Record
/pages/Desktop/Tutorial/Design/View/Database/Creating a Script to Print a Report for a Selected Record.xml
In this example, you will create a script that prints out a mailing label for a particular customer. The script will prompt the user for the customer's name. This script will be a Global Script. as you will recall, a Global Script appears in the Control Panel in the Code tab, and can be run by double-clicking the script name, or clicking the Run button.
- Clear a Search a Grid Component that is Embedded into a UX component
For use in conjunction with the 'Search a Grid Component that is Embedded into a UX' action.
Clears the search form in the UX and removes the filter from the embedded Grid.
- Search a Grid Component that is Embedded into a UX component
Create a highly customized 'Search Part' for a Grid. Allows you to submit a UX component that
contains 'search' fields to compute a filter expression and then filter a Grid component that has been embedded into the UX component.
- How To Print a Report Containing the Currently Selected Records