- Changing the Locations of the Parts of a Grid Component in an A5W Page
/pages/HowTo/Web Applications/Changing the Locations of the Parts of a Grid Component.xml
When you create a grid component with search and detail view parts and then place the grid onto an A5W page, you will see something like the following.
- How to Filter Records in a Grid Component Using Information from the Extended User Info Table
/pages/HowTo/Grid/Filter Records Using Extended User Info.xml
Learn how to filter records in a Grid component based on the currently logged in user using the "USERID" field from the Extended User Information table.
- How to Import Data from an Excel or Ascii File into a Grid Component
/pages/HowTo/Grid/Import Excel or Ascii to Grid.xml
Data in an Excel file or comma delimited Ascii file can be imported into a Grid Component based on a table in a database.
- How to Display a Three State Checkbox on a Grid Component
/pages/HowTo/Grid/Display Three State Checkbox.xml
Logical values stored in a database can have three states: true, false, or NULL. Representing these three values can be done using checkboxes.
- Clear a Search a Grid Component that is Embedded into a UX component
For use in conjunction with the 'Search a Grid Component that is Embedded into a UX' action.
Clears the search form in the UX and removes the filter from the embedded Grid.
- Link a Grid that has been embedded into a UX component
Unlike the 'Search a Grid Component that is Embedded into a UX' action which applies a filter to an embedded Grid,
this action Links the embedded Grid.
- Opening a Page with a Grid Component and Showing Selected Records
/pages/Server/Guide/Design/View/Grid/Opening a Page with a Grid Component and Showing Selected Records.xml
A common requirement when building a grid is to have a hyperlink field in the grid that, when clicked, will open a second page. The second page contains a grid that is filtered based on parameters from the first page. These examples show how to do this.
The URL that opens the second page has query parameters that contain one or more of the _filter, _order, and _link keywords. These keywords allow you to specify a filter, order and/or linking parameters for the grid in the target page.
- Report Group Properties
/pages/Guides/Report/Report Structure/Report Group Properties.xml
Group, region, and head and foot properties.
- Data Group Properties Properties
/pages/Guides/Mobile and Web Components/UX/Controls/Props/other/Form Properties/Form properties/Form Layout/DataGroupProperties/index.xml
Settings for configuring a Data Group container in a FormView's layout.
- How to Override Grid Component Settings in an .a5w page or OnGridExecute event
/pages/HowTo/Grid/How to Override Certain Settings in the .a5w page or in the V10 OnGridExecute event.xml
Properties of the Grid Component can be overridden at run-time when the Grid is being loaded on an .a5w page or in the Grid Component's onGridExecute server-side event.