- Filtering a Grid with a Button
- /pages/Guides/Mobile and Web Components/Grid/Introducing the Grid Builder/Tutorials/Filtering/Filtering a Grid with a Button.xmlHow to filter a grid on a page with button click.
- Link a Grid that has been embedded into a UX component
- Changing the Locations of the Parts of a Grid Component in an A5W Page
- /pages/HowTo/Web Applications/Changing the Locations of the Parts of a Grid Component.xmlWhen you create a grid component with search and detail view parts and then place the grid onto an A5W page, you will see something like the following.
- Filtering a Grid with a Menu Selection
- /pages/Guides/Mobile and Web Components/Grid/Introducing the Grid Builder/Tutorials/Filtering/Filtering a Grid with a Menu Selection.xmlWhen using a navigation system component for creating menus, a common task would be to display a page containing a grid. This topic describes how to add a filter to the URL that displays the target page.
- How to call a SQL Server stored procedure from a Grid
- /pages/HowTo/Databases/Call a SQL Server stored procedure from a Grid.xmlStored procedures can be called from a Grid component to get data from a database.
- How to Create a Grid with a Form Layout
- /pages/HowTo/Grid/Creating a Grid that Looks Like a Form.xmlRecords in a Grid component can be configured to display as "forms", similar to the type of layouts you can create in the UX Component.
- When to turn a Custom Component into a User-defined Component
- /pages/Guides/Mobile and Web Components/Custom/When to turn a Custom Component into a User-defined Component.xmlIn addition to the bindable arguments of a Custom Component, a User-defined Component has properties and supports having property grids for user input. Bindable properties make it possible to bind data to exposed properties programmatically, which in turn makes it possible to send the User-defined Component arrays of data or data generated from Xbasic expressions. Property grids, used widely in Alpha Anywhere and prominent as the control panel for grid creation, make setting up the User-defined Component a matter of a few mouse clicks.
- How to Add a Chart Control to a UX Component
- /pages/HowTo/Charts/Add a Chart to UX.xmlThe Chart Control can be used to create charts that display information, such as stock values or trend lines, in a UX Component.
- How to Add a Google Chart to a UX Component
- /pages/HowTo/Charts/Add a Google Chart to a UX.xmlThe Google visualization libraries offer an alternative to creating and displaying charts in a UX Component.
- How to Put Up a Wait Dialog While The Grid is Performing an Ajax Callback
- /pages/HowTo/Grid/Putting Up a Wait Dialog While The Grid is Performing an Ajax Callback.xml
If you Grid does a callback that takes some time (e.g. searching a large database), you might want to put up a custom 'working...' message.
This example shows how you can do this for a search, but there are client side events that would enable you to put up custom messages for many different types of actions, including sorting, page navigation, saving data, etc.
Put this in the [canSearchSubmit] event