- How to Override the Field Definition to Display Images in a Report
/pages/HowTo/Reports/Override Field as Image in Reports.xml
Fields containing Ink or PNG data can be rendered as images in a Report. This is done by overriding the field definition.
- How to use the File System for Photos in a PhoneGap Application
/pages/HowTo/PhoneGap/Using the FileSystem for Photos.xml
Media files (images, videos, and audio files) can be stored on a device's file system rather than Local Storage in PhoneGap applications, letting you provide access to media files when the application goes offline.
- How to Use Parameters or Variables in a Query Expression
/pages/Guides/Desktop/Xdialog/How to Use Parameters or Variables in a Query Expression.xml
A variable and a parameter are the same thing. A parameter is just an Alpha Anywhere variable whose value is prompted for at run-time.
- How to Use Custom Controls in a Grid Component
/pages/HowTo/Grid/Using Custom Controls in a Grid Component.xml
This topic discusses an advanced use of a Custom Control in a Grid component.
- How to Use Language Tags to Localize a Component
/pages/HowTo/Internationalization/using language tags.xml
Language tags allow you to create 'replaceable' text based on the current active language for an Alpha Anywhere application.
- Deriving the Font to Use Dynamically
/pages/Guides/Desktop/Xdialog/Deriving the Font to Use Dynamically.xml
The following example demonstrates some additional aspects of owner-draw strings. This example displays a list of font names. The entries in the list box are each displayed in the font specified by the entry name.
- How to Submit a Bug Report
/pages/Troubleshooting/FAQ/Submitting a Bug Report.xml
Instructions for submitting a bug report to Alpha Software.
- How to Export a Report to Excel, Word, Ascii, or Custom Format
/pages/HowTo/Reports/Export Report to Excel.xml