Alpha TransForm Form Filler
The Alpha TransForm form filler is an application used to fill out forms created using TransForm Central. The form filler is available as both a mobile application and web app.
The Alpha TransForm Filler app lets you create, fill out, and upload forms for Alpha TransForm. You must have an Alpha TransForm login and be a member of an active TransForm account in order to use the filler application.
The mobile form filler application can be downloaded from the https://transform.alphasoftware.com/transformFiller.a5w. To access the Web Filler, you need to create a new Permission Role called "browseruser" and add the role to users in the TransForm account you would like to give access to the Web Filler.or Apple for free. The web filler can be accessed online at
- Login Screen
Authenticating the user.
- Forms List
The list of form instances to edit or view.
- Form Types
The list of the types of forms you may add.
- Downloading, Refreshing, and Uploading
Synchronizing form data and form type definitions with the server.
- Main Control Bar
Confirm login, logout, Help, and more.
- Search, Sort, Filter
Control over the display of the lists of forms and form types.
- Form Details
Viewing and editing the fields in the form selected in the Forms List.
- Form Editors
Screens for entering different types of data.
- Form Table of Contents
Navigating quickly through a long form.
- Form Details Menu
Commands specific to a form such as "List Problems".
Information, such as the current user name and when login will expire.
- TransForm System Message
Contents of the current System Message, if any, such as about planned server maintenance.
- Multiple Screen Size Support
Choosing alternative determinations of the size class of the screen for displaying forms.
- Multi-language Support
Choosing alternative languages for form text.
- Tools for Support
Tools that should only be used when instructed by Technical Support.
- Alpha TransForm Mobile Filler Versions
A list of changes in each new version of the Alpha TransForm form filler mobile app.
Some features are unavailable or may not behave as expected in v1 of the Web Filler. This includes:
- Access to On-device Data: on-device data cannot be downloaded to the browser and is unavailable. You can access images, however, if hosted on an external server. See Adding a cloudpath Policy to display assets in the Web Filler to learn more.
- Audio and Video Recording: recording audio and video is not available.
- Barcode Scanning: barcode scanning is not available. Barcode values must be entered manually.
- GPS functions: values returned by the browser depend on the computer's IP address, which may not return the user's actual location.
- ajaxGET() function: calls using this function may fail in the browser filler. Use ajaxSendRequest() or ajaxSendRequestFromServer(). See Calling Web Services in TransForm Forms from the Web Filler for more information about using ajaxSendRequestFromServer().
- On-device Data TPL Functions are unavailable: this includes phoneGapTFExecuteSQL(), inappbrowser(), and fileviewer().
- phonecall() TPL function: calls may only be made from the web filler in browsers that have been configured to use a specific application to make phone calls and support opening an app to make the call.
These features and more will be added in future versions of the Web Filler.
The $environment system variable contains properties you can use to determine which filler app is running. If your forms use TPL code to access on-device data, you'll want to take advantage of these variables to adapt your forms for use in the web filler:
- TPL Variable
Has a value of 1 when running in the web filler.
If running in the web filler, the portion of the URL after the domain name.
Has a value of 1 when running in the mobile filler.